Rotobrush Air Duct Cleaning In Hilton Head
For almost two decades the Rotobrush has been the #1 residential air duct cleaning system. Superior Heating & Air offers to homeowners the following Indoor Air Quality Products and Services:
- HVAC system cleaning services
- Improved air filtration products
- Anti-microbial fogging
- Ultraviolet light air treatment
HVAC System Cleaning
Hilton Head HVAC service relates directly to IAQ as it impacts the temperature of the indoor environment. And carpet, upholstery and drapery cleaning, as well as restoration services are also Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) services. Now the scope of the cleaning services is expanded to include air duct cleaning, anti-microbial fogging, improved air filtration and UV light installation.
It is important to note at this time that if you choose to do air duct cleaning, the entire HVAC system needs to be cleaned, not just the air ducts. Cleaning the air ducts without cleaning the HVAC unit itself is not acceptable. Some states have licensing requirements for accessing or servicing HVAC equipment. HVAC system cleaning is just that: removing dirt and debris from the ductwork and air moving equipment. Current cleaning standards recommended by the National Air Duct Cleaner's Association (ACR 2005) require that non-porous air conveyance system surfaces must be visibly clean and capable of cleanliness verification tests.
High Efficiency Air Filtration
There are many filter options available to homeowners. Superior Heating & Air can provide custom-size filters and popular sizes are in stock ready for installation by our technicians.
Another valuable service that Superior Heating & Air offers after the HVAC system has been cleaned is anti-microbial fogging. The name of this service is impressive, but the service itself is quite simple. A small chemical fogger is used to introduce chemicals into the ductwork system, chemicals that sanitize germs, bacteria and fungus. EPA-registered chemicals specifically for use in ductwork systems are available that do not require the evacuation of family members and pets from the occupied space while the chemical is being used. For fogging the central fan should be turned on, and fog should be introduced through the return duct, with the HVAC system's fan helping to distribute the chemical throughout the system. Fogging can be repeated every 6 months, while system cleaning is required every couple of years. Antimicrobial fogging is a service that provides real benefits to the homeowner.
Superior Heating & Air also offers its customers ongoing surface and air treatment using ultraviolet lights. UV treatment of coils and/or drain pans is gaining popularity. Ever hear of "dirty socks" syndrome? This is often caused by damp coils or drain pans, which harbor the growth of bacteria and often are the cause of the smell. UV lights kill the bacteria and can "cure" the dirty sock syndrome. This IAQ product and service requires care and expertise, so Superior Heating & Air has done the due diligence before offering the service.
Video Inspection A Must
Superior Heating & Air uses a video inspection system for the ducts. There are three reasons:
- Video inspection verifies that the system needs to be cleaned. Of course, we don't recommend system cleaning to customers when it is not necessary but the video technology may show the service is needed when the homeowner may not even realize the problem exists.
- The inspection equipment assists our technicians in proper system cleaning. Much of the HVAC system is inaccessible, meaning it cannot be hand vacuumed, so air duct cleaning tools are needed to get to it. Video is necessary to make sure we are properly cleaning the system. The first requirement per the NADCA standards is "visibly clean". If this is not accomplished, the system will not meet the more stringent quantitative cleanliness verification tests.
- The video inspection equipment helps us confirm to ourselves and to you that the HVAC system was properly cleaned. We always do our due diligence to offer the best service to our customers.
The IC Cam HVAC Inspection System
The IC Cam is the perfect small, portable, battery-powered inspection system for the contractor on the go. The tiny 3/4" diameter, weatherproof illuminated camera with a 50 foot cord length puts the camera where you need it. And the 4” color LCD monitor shows you what you need to see.